Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Project Marco Update

Worked on the controls today. Lot's of little details to address on this bike so it's definitely taking more time to sort everything out, but I think the end result will be worth it!

First up was the ignition surround. I had already cleaned up the one on Marco, but didn't like the fact that the printed information was missing. Luckily, I happened to have a spare ignition from one of our old race bikes so I popped the plastic surround off and replaced it with the near new looking one from the spare. Small detail, but makes the difference! 
Looks right at home!

Not many pics of the other tedious work, but I replaced the handle bars with nice and straight ones, nearly new stock grips, both sets of switches, and the broken brake lever all from spares I had laying around.

Just for reference her is what it looked like before! Notice that I also sanded, primed and painted the gauge/fairing support in nice black enamel.




















No comments: